Collegiate School seeks an Admission Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and clerical support for the Lower School Admission office in the daily office operations. The Administrative Assistant often serves as the first impression of Collegiate, making visitors and callers feel welcome while presenting the school in a professional way. This is a full-time, 12-month benefited position.
General responsibilities include:
● Provides administrative and clerical support for the Lower School Admission Office, which includes: phones, correspondence, calendaring, filing, and effectively communicating with all constituencies.
● Engaging with prospective families and all school constituencies in person, on the phone and through email
● Process, enter, and maintain data in the admission database and student application files, including tracking inquiries and applications to completion,
● Provides preparation support for open houses, school tours, new family orientation, school visits and testing, school correspondence, and possibly other events
● Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies
● Performs other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, and collating as needed
● Assists with logistics of on-campus testing or other admission events, including some required weekend events
● Other duties as assigned, including possible Lower School duty needs or Middle School/Upper School admission event needs
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
● Proficiency with computers, windows-based systems and databases
● Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
● Strong writing and communication skills
● Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (both desktop and Google form) including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
● Performs data entry accurately and efficiently
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Maintains knowledge of data processes and contributes to design and improvement of those processes
● Ability to creates basic reports to support departmental/division processes
● Promotes good data stewardship and demonstrates ownership of system, processes, and tasks
● Engages in self-study to improve data skills
● Previous administrative admission office experience
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. We seek professionals to uphold and advance our mission to create a diverse and inclusive community of learners committed to a challenging and supportive educational experience that will foster the intellectual, moral, emotional and physical development of each student. With our core values of honor, love of learning, excellence, respect and community, we develop minds that seek and hearts that serve. Our exceptional faculty and staff not only deliver preeminent programs but prepare the next generation of inquisitive thinkers, responsible citizens and compassionate leaders.
The School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. Employment decisions at the School are based on merit, qualifications and skills.