The main campus of Collegiate School is located on Mooreland Road and is the hub of the Lower School, Middle School and Upper School.
This campus is also home to the Hershey Center for the Arts, which includes the Oates Theater, and to the Sharp Academic Commons. These buildings are located near the Upper School campus.
Several athletics facilities are located on the Mooreland campus as well, including the Grover C. Jones Athletic Field, where football and lacrosse games often take place; the Jim Hickey Track used by our runners; Jacobs Gym, where junior varsity basketball and volleyball games are routine, and West Gym, where Cub sports practices and games take place. Another facility, the Seal Athletic Center, houses the School’s dance studio and weight training room, and is primarily used for varsity basketball games. Seal also serves as a space for large events, such as indoor pep rallies and the annual Richmond Area Independent Schools College Fair. Robins Campus
Collegiate’s Robins Campus is seven minutes west of our Mooreland Campus, and features 12 playing fields for athletic practices and games. They include:
Collegiate School Aquatics Center
- Sam Newell Field for baseball, with a "green monster," concession stand, picnic pavilion, press tower and seating for 200;
- The Williams•Bollettieri Tennis Center, with 13 courts and tennis house;
- The Saunders Center, which houses the Kathy Watkinson Ivins '73 Sports Performance Center and an indoor turf space for warm-ups;
- The McDonald Soccer Complex, featuring a soccer field that will be named for Coach Charlie Blair upon his retirement; and
- A synthetic turf field and a softball field with dugout.
Collegiate is a partner in this 50,000-square-foot facility located at Ukrop Park in Chesterfield County. Frequented by our swimmers for practices and events, the pool is also used by various community residents and for community programming under the moniker SwimRVA. The center features three pools: a 50-meter, eight-lane pool used during the 2008 Olympic trials in Omaha, NE; a 25-yard warm-up pool; and a therapy pool.