Upper School Mathematics Teacher, Beginning 2019-2020 Academic Year
Collegiate School seeks an energetic, experienced and committed teacher with a passion for students and mathematics. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching upper school age children with proven success in connecting the content to students’ innate inquisitiveness and building their problem-solving skills. Includes responsibility for four sections of mathematics and service as a grade level advisor. Must enjoy students across the entire range of grades (9-12) and have the versatility to teach all levels of the Upper School curriculum through calculus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and executing well-designed, meaningful lesson plans, mindful of best practices of teaching and learning
- Fostering a climate of respect for each child as an individual
- Identifying and pursuing professional opportunities that enhance and extend one’s teaching
- Serving on committees and engaging in professional group work as necessary
Qualities of a successful candidate will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or related field (Master’s degree or Virginia teaching certification preferred)
- Experience teaching upper school students with proven mastery in effectively delivering mathematics content
- Passion for math education
- Ability to inspire students’ love of learning and critical thinking
- Enthusiasm for professional growth, academic excellence and creative teaching
- Commitment to broad participation in school life
- Experience in and commitment to the ongoing development and maintenance of an inclusive campus community
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. The school’s mission is to create a diverse and inclusive community of learners committed to a challenging and supportive educational experience that will foster the intellectual, moral, emotional, and physical development of each student.
Please upload cover letter, resume and copies of unofficial transcripts.
Collegiate School is an equal opportunity employer.