Collegiate School is seeking committed and experienced part-time Housekeeping Staff for 10-month, part-time positions. Hours are flexible and will generally be between 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm, Monday through Friday, or during weekend hours.
- General Housekeeping of restrooms, public spaces, offices, classrooms and corridors
- Dust horizontal/vertical surfaces
- Empty and remove waste or recycles trash receptacles
- Damp wipe all furniture
- Clean metal and porcelain fixtures in restrooms
- Dry and wet mop floors in offices, classrooms, lounges, etc.
- Spot clean walls, windows and metal surfaces
- Replenish restroom supplies
- Assist in cleaning of all spills
- Maintenance and Repair
- Maintain equipment for cleanliness and report all repairs needed
- Observe and report the need for furniture or other building fixture repairs
- Remain up-to-date and informed as to current practices of job related functions
- Be available to work special events and activities as needed
- Ensure all doors are locked or unlocked as scheduled and report all suspicious activities to management/security
- Perform other necessary housekeeping and emergency duties as assigned
- Be available to work weekend and/or weekday shifts
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a custodian/housekeeper in a commercial environment
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Sufficient manual dexterity to perform duties
- Must be able to lift, lower, push and pull objects up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand, climb, bend, stoop and crouch for extended periods of time
- Team player attitude
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. The school’s mission is to create a diverse and inclusive community of learners committed to a challenging and supportive educational experience that will foster the intellectual, moral, emotional, and physical development of each student.
Collegiate School is an equal opportunity employer.