Middle School Science Teacher/STEAM Facilitator
Collegiate School seeks an energetic and committed Middle School Science teacher to teach physical, life and earth sciences in an integrated curriculum. Included in this position is leadership in the development, communication, and implementation of STEAM practices across the Middle School curriculum. This is a full-time, benefited faculty position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and executing well-designed, meaningful lesson plans, mindful of best practices of teaching and learning, including inquiry-based models
- Facilitating STEAM integration across the curriculum
- Fostering a climate of respect for each child as an individual
- Identifying and pursuing professional opportunities that enhance and extend one’s teaching
- Serving on committees and engaging in professional group work as necessary
- Participating in all required School events
- Supervising lunch, recess, carpool and other duties as required
Qualities of a successful candidate will include:
- Strong commitment to students with all learning styles
- Ability to inspire students’ love of learning and critical thinking
- Ability to build professional relationships, solve problems, and plan collaboratively
- Enthusiasm for professional growth, academic excellence and creative teaching
- Passion for science and STEAM education
- Commitment to broad participation in school life
- Science teaching experience
- Experience in and commitment to the ongoing development and maintenance of an inclusive campus community
- A Master’s degree or Virginia teaching certification is preferred
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. The school’s mission is to create a diverse and inclusive community of learners committed to a challenging and supportive educational experience that will foster the intellectual, moral, emotional, and physical development of each student.
Collegiate School is an equal opportunity employer.