Debbie Clabo,
Financial Assistance Coordinator and Assistant to the Vice President for Finance and Administration

Taylor Kell,
Middle/Upper School Admission Assistant & Financial Assistance Coordinator

Financial Assistance Budget 2016-17: $3,500,000

Important Dates

On Oct. 24, 2016, you may apply online for financial assistance for the 2017-18 school year by going to sssbynais.org/parents or clicking on the SSS link here. The PFS form should be completed online no later than March 3, 2017, for grades 1-12. Kindergarten applicants are advised to file by Feb. 1, 2017. The SSS number for Collegiate School is 2494. The fee to complete your PFS online is $48.

If you are a current Collegiate parent planning to apply for financial assistance for the first time, please notify us so that we are aware of the new request.
Collegiate School’s underlying assumption is that each family should bear the primary responsibility for financing their children’s educational costs to the extent that they are able. However, Collegiate does sustain a need-based financial assistance program in order to make the School’s educational experience available to academically qualified students who could not afford to enroll otherwise. Collegiate is committed to being a diverse and inclusive community reflecting a broad socioeconomic range of families. Qualified students should not be deterred from applying for admission due to financial constraints.

Tuition 2017-18

JK      $15,930
K-1     $21,390
2-4     $21,600
5-8     $24,140
9-12   $25,790

Books/Technology Fees

$100-650, depending on the grade level

Meal Plan
Optional five-day-per-week lunch plan – $99 per month for Lower School students and $128 per month for Middle/Upper School students. Optional three-day-per-week lunch plan for Lower School only – $63 per month.

*Tuition cost includes activity and lab fees. There are often additional field trip expenses.

Payment Plans

  • One-Payment Plan: Pay tuition in full by July 31.
  • Two-Payment Plan: Pay 60% of the tuition by July 31 and the remaining 40% by Jan. 31. This is the most widely used plan.
  • Ten-Payment Plan: Pay tuition in 10 monthly installments, beginning July 31, with subsequent payments due by the last day of each month through April. A surcharge is added to the annual tuition and divided into 10 installments.
  • Twelve-Payment Plan: Families with three or more children enrolled at Collegiate may divide their payments into 12 installments, with the first payment due in July and subsequent payments due by the last day of each month through June. A surcharge is added to the tuition and spread over the 12 installments.

Financing Options

Financing options are available through Your Tuition Solution.  For more information, you may call or email Jennifer Quindoza, Controller, at 804.741.9754.

Financial Assistance Policy

List of 1 items.

  • Please Read

    Submitting an inquiry or application for financial assistance has no bearing on the admission decision as the School operates in a need-blind manner. Financial assistance funds are used to enroll students who will strengthen our school community and who will broaden our diversity (academic, artistic, athletic, cultural, racial and socioeconomic). Financial assistance resources may also support current families who experience a significant change in financial circumstances in a given year. New or current families who need assistance are encouraged to apply through the confidential process as outlined below.

    Read More