Facilities Administrative Assistant
Collegiate School seeks an Administrative Assistant to provide support for the Facilities Team and other members of the Finance Division in their daily office operations. The Assistant is responsible for ensuring that all processes and procedures pertaining to general office practices are adhered to at all times. This is a full-time, 12-month benefited position.
General responsibilities include:
- Serve as the Facilities receptionist; greeting, checking in, and assisting visitors, signing for package deliveries, fielding and directing calls, and other general office duties
- Work with Facilities Management and Supervisors, providing administrative, operational and coordination support for any Facilities related functions. Including timeclock administration and timesheet processing
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence to include faxes
- Issue responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Data entry and processing, distributing and closing out work requests, trip requests, setup requests, etc.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, copying, faxing, mailing, laminating, file management and organization
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets and presentation development
- Departmental task coordination and coordination with other departments, including Human Resources
- Regularly monitors the Facilities departmental budgets
- Invoice and expense tracking, processing, management and coordination with the Finance Division
- Provide support to the Facilities Team on the opening and closing of scheduled job requests within Dude Solutions
- Utilize Paymerang system for processing and tracking invoices
- Provide support to the Director of Facilities Management in maintaining supplier and contractor metrics and associated documentation
- Provide support to the Director of Facilities Management in maintaining training records and self-certification documentation
- Prepare meeting notes for Facilities related meetings
- Developing and distributing Facilities related reports
- Perform other necessary Facilities duties, as assigned
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- 3 years prior Administrative Assistant experience
- Attention to Detail
- Demonstrated working knowledge, skills and expertise in time management, organization, data entry skills, due diligence and administrative functions
- Strong working knowledge of cloud-based systems, word processing and spreadsheet software, and Windows platform
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills, with attention to clarity and detail
- Excellent reading, writing and comprehension skills
- Valid Virginia driver's license
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Experience working within a Facilities Team
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. We seek professionals to uphold and advance our mission to create a diverse and inclusive community of learners committed to a challenging and supportive educational experience that will foster the intellectual, moral, emotional and physical development of each student. With our core values of honor, love of learning, excellence, respect and community, we develop minds that seek and hearts that serve. Our exceptional faculty and staff not only deliver preeminent programs but prepare the next generation of inquisitive thinkers, responsible citizens and compassionate leaders.
The School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. Employment decisions at the School are based on merit, qualifications and skills.