Custodial Services Manager
Collegiate School is seeking a Custodial Services Manager to work in our Facilities department. The Custodial Services Manager is primarily responsible for assisting with planning, developing and implementing policies and procedures for campus Custodial Services. The Manager will supervise and direct all Custodial personnel, procedures and operations in the cleaning and care of campus buildings to APPA Level 2 Standards, and will be responsible for all Custodial equipment. This position is designated as Essential Personnel and may be required to report to work when students are not learning on campus and/or when School is closed. This is a full-time benefited position.
General responsibilities include:
- Plan, schedule and assign work and proper distribution of assignments, conformance with established standards of care, and adequate personnel, space and equipment for performance of duties.
- Plan, direct and control Custodial services, including cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection of campus space.
- Review, inspect and evaluate work in progress at appropriate intervals to ensure standards of care are maintained and tasks are completed as directed and scheduled. Continually assess and evaluate the physical condition, cleanliness and safety of the campus facilities.
- Research and maintain an up to date knowledge base of “Best Practices” within the Custodial service industry. Implement new procedures and practices as needed for the School’s benefit and train employees in new techniques and programs.
- Maintain an accurate inventory and records for all custodial supplies and equipment.
- Investigate Custodial complaints, questions and concerns, and take corrective actions.
- Assist Housekeeping Manager and make recommendations for the development of Operational Budgets.
- Conduct, develop or assign training programs for departmental employees on effective operation and compliance with departmental and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assist with various personnel functions including hiring, promotion, employee evaluation, merit recommendations, disciplinary actions, time records and vacation schedules.
- Perform other necessary Physical Plant duties, as assigned.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- 5 years of experience in Custodial Services, including direct supervision of staff and program development.
- Demonstrated working knowledge, skills and expertise in Custodial Services and Systems.
- Demonstrated initiative in the development and implementation of Custodial Service and management procedures, programs and strategies.
- Excellent reading, writing and comprehension skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills with high attention to clarity and detail with ability to explain complex information/fact patterns in understandable terms to all levels of personnel.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based systems, word processing and spreadsheet software and Windows platform.
- High School Diploma.
- Valid Virginia driver's license.
- Manual coordination including finger dexterity, eye/hand/foot coordination, able to distinguish between colors, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, depth perception and hearing.
- Must be able to lift, lower, carry, push and pull objects up to 50lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to stand, climb, bend, stoop and crouch for extended periods of time.
- May be subjected to extreme heat and cold temperatures.
- Will be subjected to motor and/or machine noise.
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. We seek professionals to uphold and advance our mission to create a diverse and inclusive community of learners committed to a challenging and supportive educational experience that will foster the intellectual, moral, emotional and physical development of each student. With our core values of honor, love of learning, excellence, respect and community, we develop minds that seek and hearts that serve. Our exceptional faculty and staff not only deliver preeminent programs but prepare the next generation of inquisitive thinkers, responsible citizens and compassionate leaders.
The School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. Employment decisions at the School are based on merit, qualifications and skills.