Communications and Social Media Coordinator
Collegiate School is seeking a Communications and Social Media Coordinator to work in our Communications department. The Coordinator is responsible for creating social media content that inspires and reaches the Collegiate School community using a variety of social media platforms. This position will work closely with the Communications team to produce and publish content that supports the strategic initiatives of the School. This position will also support and contribute to a variety of other Communications projects. This is a full-time benefited position.
General responsibilities include:
- Create social media content that supports the School’s communication strategy
- Attend and staff key school functions, managing social media engagement, livestream and/or posts
- Manage and engage the School’s online community, handling inquiries with sensitivity and timeliness
- Contribute to social media strategy
- Manage social media planning and calendar, ensuring consistency of content flow, highlighting of key initiatives and programs and schoolwide representation
- Intake submitted content from around the School and convert into social posts
- Stay abreast of changing channel preferences and content modes, bringing fresh ideas
- Take photographs and record phone videos at various School events
- Design posts based on appropriate graphic standards
- Produce short videos for social media
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Knowledge of social media applications and experience in producing digital content and social media content
- Proficiency in capturing and creating compelling photos and iPhone video
- Skill in creating posts/stories with both visual appeal and engaging content
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on a team to provide support across multiple departments and maintain cooperative, collaborative relationships across all departments.
- Good judgement for when to pass social media inquiries to others within the School
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to learn and remember nuances of numerous programs and initiatives in a large and busy school
- Ability to work independently as well as take direction and feedback as part of the creative process
- Creativity, resourcefulness and a high degree of flexibility, as well as problem-solving ability
- Ability to prioritize among competing goals and requests for the benefit of the School
- Ability to maintain accurate records and provide reporting as requested
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a communications-related field
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in communications, including social media content creation. Successful candidates must be prepared to share content samples.
- Proficiency with Windows and Mac operating systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and content tools such as Canva
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. We seek professionals to uphold and advance our mission to create a diverse and inclusive community of learners committed to a challenging and supportive educational experience that will foster the intellectual, moral, emotional and physical development of each student. With our core values of honor, love of learning, excellence, respect and community, we develop minds that seek and hearts that serve. Our exceptional faculty and staff not only deliver preeminent programs but prepare the next generation of inquisitive thinkers, responsible citizens and compassionate leaders.
The School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. Employment decisions at the School are based on merit, qualifications and skills.
Collegiate School is an equal opportunity employer.