Information Technology Manager
Collegiate School seeks an Information Technology (IT) Manager to work in our Technology Department. The IT Manager is an operational IT leader who advances school technology goals and initiatives through project management, analysis, data management, process improvement and cross-functional collaboration. The IT Manager will serve as an administrator of identified cloud-based applications. The person in this role will serve as the primary data steward and data analyst for the technology team. The IT Manager will be both an outward and inward facing representative of the technology team, fostering collaborative and productive relationships across school offices and divisions. This is a full-time, exempt and benefited, 12-month position.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, manage and monitor project timelines.
- Conduct after action assessments and design plans to improve team performance and project outcomes.
- Work with the Director of Information Technology, the Director of Instructional Technology, other members of the technology department and the business office to compile, submit and monitor the technology budget.
- Work with vendors and contractors to solicit bids, place orders and schedule work as needed.
- End-to-end ownership and management of technology inventory processes, including ordering, receiving, record management and disposal.
- End-to-end ownership and management of technology help desk processes, including ticketing, categorization, SLAs, record management and customer service.
- Identify technology reporting needs. Create and generate reports. Evaluate report findings and make recommendations for improvements.
- Serve as a resource for help desk technicians and for school data stewards.
- Manage technology projects through requirements, design, construction, testing and deployment phases.
- Serve as primary gatherer of technology requirements across school offices and divisions.
- Identify school technology training needs for non-academic office systems.
- Designs and plans activities and exercises that have a direct positive impact on the collective output of the technology team
- Oversees communication, ensuring that the department communicates in an efficient and timely manner.
Qualities of a successful candidate will include:
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients and other departments.
- Ability to maintain productive relationships with School Faculty and Staff; persuasive, encouraging and motivating; strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate the School’s shared purpose; build trust among colleagues; live up to commitments.
- Ability to understand the big picture and manage areas of responsibility in a manner consistent with the School’s mission and values.
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines, demonstrate effective use of time, handle multiple assignments simultaneously and attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to use, enter and manipulate data.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills in a self-directed manner.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high level of accuracy while carrying out very detailed work.
- Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures and rules continued in the Faculty/Staff Handbook.
- Experience in and commitment to the ongoing development and maintenance of an inclusive campus community.
- Bachelor’s degree or appropriate certificate in relevant field of study.
- 5 years direct experience in related management position.
- Experience in school or technology environments preferred but not required.