CDL Driver, Part-Time
Collegiate School seeks an experienced, part-time CDL Driver. The part-time CDL Driver is responsible for transporting Collegiate students, faculty and staff using school-owned vehicles, performing required vehicle pre/post trip inspections, vehicle cleaning and other maintenance duties when required. This is a part-time, non-benefited position.
- Complete transportation vehicle pre/post trip inspections prior to/after each vehicle use, and work to ensure all fleet vehicles are in safe driving condition.
- Ensure vehicles are cleaned, properly maintained and fueled on a daily basis.
- Perform driving-related duties as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Adhere to CDL related requirements and regulations, including required D.O.T. physicals.
- Comply with OSHA safety rules and regulations, and use appropriate P.P.E.
- Participate in training activities and remain up-to-date and informed as to current and best practices of job-related functions.
- Be available to work weekend and/or weekday shifts.
- Perform other necessary Physical Plant duties, as assigned.
- 3 years of passenger driving experience, preferably in a school, charter or transit setting.
- Must have and maintain a valid Virginia Driver’s license (CDL) with a passenger and air brake endorsement.
- Ability to check vehicles to ensure, among other items, that all lights are working, tires are properly inflated and to suggest/take corrective actions.
- Ability to do minor maintenance of vehicles including checking fluid levels, adding fluids levels and making minor adjustments, as required.
- Excellent reading, writing and oral comprehension skills required (including proper English, punctuation, grammar rules, etc.). Specifically, ability to read manuals and follow safety instructions.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills, with attention to clarity and detail.
- Ability to communicate via phone/text/email regarding job-related responsibilities during/outside of scheduled shifts.
- Ability to work with hand tools and pneumatic tools, as required.
- Ability to record trip and vehicle information, and maintain accurate records.
- Maintain productive relationships with vendors and all School Faculty and Staff.
- Manual coordination including finger dexterity, eye/hand/foot coordination, color discrimination, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, depth perception and hearing.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam as required by The Department of Transportation.
- Must be able to lift, lower, carry, push and pull objects up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- May be subjected to extreme heat and cold temperatures.
- Will be subjected to motor and/or machine noise.