Collegiate School seeks a Part-time Housekeeper to be primarily responsible for completing the daily cleaning of restrooms, public spaces, offices, classrooms and corridors in a fast-paced environment in accordance with standard operating procedures of the Department. Along with housekeeping responsibilities this position is also required to help ensure completion of periodic tasks related to maintaining and improving the campus facilities. This is a part-time, non-benefited position, working approximately 25 hours a week.
General responsibilities include:
- Dust horizontal/vertical surfaces.
- Empty and remove waste or recycling/composting receptacles.
- Damp wipe all furniture.
- Clean metal and porcelain fixtures in restrooms.
- Vacuum, dry and wet mop floors in offices, classrooms, lounges, etc.
- Spot clean walls, windows and metal surfaces.
- Replenish restroom supplies.
- Assist in cleaning of all spills.
- Maintain equipment for cleanliness and report all repairs needed.
- Observe and report the need for furniture or other building fixture repairs.
- Remain up-to-date and informed as to current practices of job-related functions.
- Ensure all doors and windows in designated work areas are locked or unlocked as scheduled and report all suspicious activities to management/security.
- Comply with OSHA safety rules and regulations, and use appropriate P.P.E.
- Be available to work weekend and/or weekday shifts.
- Perform other necessary Physical Plant duties, as assigned.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- 3 years of experience as a custodian/housekeeper in an educational or commercial environment.
- Ability to lift, bend, kneel, squat and be on your feet
- Excellent reading, writing and oral skills required (including proper English, punctuation, grammar rules, etc.). Specifically, ability to read manuals and follow safety instructions.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills, with attention to clarity and detail.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrates cross-cultural competence.
- High School Diploma.
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. The School is a community of learners committed to seeking and welcoming students, faculty and staff who represent the multicultural community and world in which we live. We believe that the education we offer in our school is greatly enhanced when many traditions, backgrounds and perspectives are given expression in school activities. We aspire to create an inclusive environment that promotes engaged citizenship and encourages compassionate leadership. Our concept of diversity and multiculturalism is dynamic and serves a vision at Collegiate where all members of the community find in our school a sense of belonging and a supportive place to reach their full potential.
The School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law. Employment decisions at the School are based on merit, qualifications and skills.