The Quest Counselor position works with students in Grades JK-6 who participate in the after-school program. Work hours will generally be 2:30 p.m.-6 p.m. (Monday-Thursday) and 2 p.m.-6 p.m. on Fridays during the school year. Throughout the year, there are several days, including school holidays and parent teacher conferences, when the after-school program is open all day. On these days, Quest Counselors should expect to work 5-6 hours per day between 7:45 a.m. and 6 p.m. This is a non-exempt, part-time, non-benefited, 10-month position.
Collegiate School seeks a part-time Quest Counselor to join its after-school program for students in Grades JK-6. Our after-school program is licensed and regulated by the Virginia Department of Social Services. This is a part-time (16-18 hours per week), non-benefitted position. During the school year, Quest Counselors generally work from 2:30 p.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 2 p.m.-6 p.m. on Friday. There are also several days, including school holidays and parent teacher conferences, when the after-school program is open all day. On these days, Quest Counselors should expect to work 5-6 hours per day between 7:45 a.m. and 6 p.m. Quest Counselors may also choose to work during the summer months as well.
- Leading small study groups and assisting 1st-6th Grade students thoroughly complete homework assignments
- Facilitating a variety of activities including, but not limited to sports, indoor/outdoor play, arts and crafts, and cooking
- Actively supervising children during a wide variety of enrichment activities that may take place on or off campus
- Help maintain a safe, clean and cozy learning and play environment for students
- Regularly attend monthly staff meetings and other planning meetings as needed
Qualities of a successful candidate include:
- Have previous experience working with children ages 4-12 in a group setting
- Consistently demonstrate kindness, patience and respect toward students, parents and colleagues
- Have a good driving record and a willingness to learn how to drive a minibus to transport students to and from activities and events
- Demonstrate high levels of flexibility, a strong work ethic, and a team-oriented attitude, ready and willing to step in and help in any way needed
- Exhibit professionalism, timeliness and a positive attitude
- Hold a degree in a child-related field, preferably early childhood, elementary or secondary education
Collegiate School is an independent, K-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. The school’s mission is to create a diverse and inclusive community of learners committed to a challenging and supportive educational experience that will foster the intellectual, moral, emotional, and physical development of each student.
Collegiate School is an equal opportunity employer