4th Grade Assistant Teacher (50% FTE), Beginning 2020-2021 Academic Year
Collegiate School seeks an energetic, innovative and committed 4th Grade Assistant Teacher to inspire students’ love of learning. This is an approximately 50% part-time, non-benefited faculty position.
General responsibilities include:
- Pursue professional growth, academic excellence and creative teaching
- Effectively use best practices in teaching and learning to deliver instruction using well-planned lessons and employing appropriate technology
- Implement lessons under the direction of lead teachers
- Understand and support developmental benchmarks academically, socially, emotionally and behaviorally
- Establish a climate of respect for each child as an individual
- Maintain a safe, healthy and inviting learning space
- Participate in all required School events and interest in School life
- Supervise lunch, recess and carpool as required
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- A Master’s degree or Virginia teaching certification, preferably in elementary education
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an elementary education setting
- Demonstrated experience in Elementary Teaching
- Strong commitment to knowing each student well
- Knowledge of current best practices in elementary instruction
- Evidence of creativity and passion in classroom instruction
- Ability to inspire students’ creativity and critical thinking
- Ability to support the School’s values and culture
- Experience in and commitment to the ongoing development and maintenance of an inclusive campus community
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. The School is a community of learners committed to seeking and welcoming students, faculty and staff who represent the multicultural community and world in which we live. We believe that the education we offer in our school is greatly enhanced when many traditions, backgrounds, and perspectives are given expression in school activities. We aspire to create an inclusive environment that promotes engaged citizenship and encourages compassionate leadership. Our concept of diversity and multiculturalism is dynamic and serves a vision at Collegiate where all members of the community find in our school a sense of belonging and a supportive place to reach their full potential.
The School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. Employment decisions at the School are based on merit, qualifications and skills.