Activity Quest Coordinator
Are you organized? Do you enjoy spending quality time with children? Do you have a willing to learn all about the Collegiate after-school enrichment program? Are you flexible and team-oriented? If so, the Activity Quest Coordinator position could be an incredible fit for you!
Collegiate School seeks a part-time Activity Quest Coordinator to join its after-school program for students in Grades JK-4. Our after-school enrichment program is geared towards children who want to try something out without the full year commitment. This is a part-time (16 hours per week), non-benefited position. During the school year, Activity Quest Coordinator will generally work from 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
- Have a good driving record and a willingness to learn how to drive a minibus to transport students to and from activities and events
- Organized and willing to make phone calls and emails out to vendors to plan for upcoming sessions and year
- Willing to work as a partner with the Activity Quest Program Leader to organize and plan the sessions and year
- Facilitate a large group of children during free time before their activities start
- Willingness to help supervise along with outside vendors during a wide variety of enrichment activities that may take place on or off campus
- Help maintain a safe, clean and cozy learning and play environment for students
Qualities of a successful candidate include:
- Have previous experience working with children ages 4-10 in a group setting
- Consistently demonstrate kindness, patience and respect toward students, parents and colleagues
- Demonstrate high levels of flexibility, a strong work ethic, and a team-oriented attitude, ready and willing to step in and help in any way needed
- Exhibit professionalism, timeliness and a positive attitude
- Hold a degree in a child-related field, preferably early childhood, elementary or secondary education
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. The School is a community of learners committed to seeking and welcoming students, faculty and staff who represent the multicultural community and world in which we live. We believe that the education we offer in our school is greatly enhanced when many traditions, backgrounds, and perspectives are given expression in school activities. We aspire to create an inclusive environment that promotes engaged citizenship and encourages compassionate leadership. Our concept of diversity and multiculturalism is dynamic and serves a vision at Collegiate where all members of the community find in our school a sense of belonging and a supportive place to reach their full potential.
The School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. Employment decisions at the School are based on merit, qualifications and skills.