Director of Enrollment Management
Collegiate School is seeking a Director of Enrollment Management who will play a key leadership role in the recruitment, enrollment and retention of highly qualified student applicants. This position will lead the Admission Team and work in close collaboration with all school divisions to create, implement and evaluate best practice strategies to market Collegiate School as a JK-12 college preparatory day school of choice for prospective students and their families and play a key role in creating and nurturing systems for support for the entire student experience with a careful eye on the JK-12th grade journey. This position is a visible presence in the Collegiate School greater community and is part of the senior administrative team, reports to the Head of School, and works cooperatively with the senior leadership, Board, faculty and staff in setting direction and policy to ensure that students who enroll at Collegiate School are of the caliber necessary to succeed and contribute within a challenging and supportive college preparatory environment, which provides students with lifelong skills for success.
Successful candidates will:
- Have proven experience in developing and articulating long-term strategies and implementing plans in accordance with enrollment priorities and the mission of Collegiate School by working with senior leadership, faculty and staff, the Board and other school constituencies
- Possess the ability to lead and manage the admission team by providing clear vision, objectives and timely and relevant feedback regarding expectations of work performance that support the admission office and its activities in meeting defined goals. Work collaboratively with the Communications and Marketing Team to create marketing plans, communications and develop admissions publications and programs that are consistent with the overall mission and strategy of Collegiate School; the Business Office to develop the yield strategy and ensure that marketing efforts are tied to the financial plan and prepare and manage the departmental budget; and work closely with the Development Office to promote a fuller understanding of admission and financial aid policies and issues within the alumni body. Meet with donors interested in supporting the financial aid scholarship program.
- Have the credentials to serve as the chief spokesperson for the School during the admissions process by articulating the School’s history, culture and the benefits of a strong JK-12 co-educational experience. Provide direction with respect to outreach activities and the development and implementation of marketing and communication strategies to retain highly qualified applicants from underrepresented population groups in congruence with the School’s goals.
- Be able to manage all aspects of the admission process including critical analysis of application data, interviewing prospective students and responding to applicant inquiries. Provide counsel to prospective students and their families regarding the admission process including financial aid. Provide guidance on the financial aid process to prospective families and serve as a member of the Financial Aid Committee. Administer the evaluation and decision process of the Admission Committee for establishing admission standards and for evaluating and making final admission decisions.
- Demonstrate experience successfully developing, implementing and evaluating retention strategies to ensure applicant and enrollment goals are met by evaluating communications, experiences and continuity of care across divisions to ensure we retain our students and families and live our mission.
- Be a visible and known presence in the life of the School and understands the outward facing identity, the internal culture and what inspires our families and works to align and celebrate the unique attributes of the School.
Successful candidates will possess the following credentials:
- Master’s Degree preferred (Bachelor’s degree required) in a related field that support the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of leadership experience in admissions and/or communications and marketing, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Experience and knowledge within professional development opportunities and associations within the enrollment management sector
- Strong, clear and dynamic communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels with a solid understanding of cross-cultural communication and collaboration skills
- Possesses resourcefulness and has a high degree of flexibility, maturity, outstanding judgment and problem-solving skills with the ability to both lead and execute
- Strong understanding of social media applications, data management systems and basic computer applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. The School is a community of learners committed to seeking and welcoming students, faculty and staff who represent the multicultural community and world in which we live. We believe that the education we offer in our school is greatly enhanced when many traditions, backgrounds, and perspectives are given expression in school activities. We aspire to create an inclusive environment that promotes engaged citizenship and encourages compassionate leadership. Our concept of diversity and multiculturalism is dynamic and serves a vision at Collegiate where all members of the community find in our school a sense of belonging and a supportive place to reach their full potential.
The School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. Employment decisions at the School are based on merit, qualifications and skills.
Collegiate School has retained The Finney Search Group to provide candidates for this position. Interested candidates only should send a cover letter, resume, and references to Sherm Bristow at: firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be contacted at an appropriate stage of the process and only after we have received permission from the candidate to do so. Please do not send any correspondence to the School.