Ways to Give
There are many ways to support Collegiate School. The Development Office strives to establish meaningful relationships with all of our constituents and in doing so, hopes to be the bridge that connects our loyal supporters with the needs of our School. We graciously aim to be at the forefront in showing our appreciation to all of our generous constituents. Below you will find the many ways that The School finds support from the community every day.

Gift Instructions for Collegiate School

List of 3 items.

  • Wire Transfer Instructions (Send cash securely)

    Business office Main Line - 804.726.3295
    Jenn Quindozza, Controller - 804.741.9754

    Truist Bank
    Contact: Mitch Hassell (804) 787-1103

    Mailing and Physical Address:
    919 East Main St., Floor 7, Richmond, VA 23219

    Collegiate School Bank Account Information (Gift Account)
    Account Number: 5236 369 163
    ABA: 0514-04260
  • Gifts of Securities (Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds)

    Account Name: Collegiate School
    Tax ID #: 54-0528203
    DTC#: 0443
    Acct#: DA4001602

    Davenport & Company, LLC
    Contact: Ginny Wortham Kehlenbeck, 804.780.2125
    Mailing Address: P.O. Box 85678 Richmond, VA 23285-5678
    Hand Delivery Address: 901 E. Cary Street, 11th Floor Richmond, VA 23219

    Please note that some mutual funds are not DTC eligible. The Development Office is happy to assist you with the gifting of non-DTC eligible mutual funds. Please call us to discuss:  (804) 741-9706.
  • IRA - Qualified Charitable Distributions (If you are 70½ or older, own an IRA and donate to charity.)

    If you are age 70 ½ or older, the IRS requires you to take a required minimum distribution (RMD) and report this distribution as taxable income. If you would like to make a gift to Collegiate that satisfies your RMD and is not reportable on your taxable income, a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) is now allowed under the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) ACT of 2015 and a permanent part of the IRS Code. Collegiate does not offer tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor regarding your specific situation.

    • You must be at least 70½ years old on the date of the distribution.
    • Only IRA owners are qualified (no 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc.).
    • QCDs count toward your required minimum distribution (RMD).
    • QCDs are excluded from federal taxable income.
    • You cannot claim a deduction for federal tax purposes.
    • QCD distributions are limited to $100,000 in aggregate during each taxable year.
    • Only direct transfers from IRA to qualified public charities (no donor-advised funds or family foundations).
    • A QCD cannot be used to fund an income-producing charitable vehicle such as a charitable remainder trust or a gift annuity.
    • Your custodian must transfer the funds directly to Collegiate – you may not receive the distribution first and then transfer it.
    • The distribution must be made on or before Dec. 31 of the tax year.

    NOTE:  The new SECURE ACT (Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement) was signed into law on December 20, 2019. The law increased the mandatory required minimum distribution age to 72 for anyone who had not attained 70 ½ by the end of 2019.

    It did not change anyone’s ability who is 70 ½ or older from making a distribution from their IRA directly to Collegiate.

Make a Matching Gift

How to Give

List of 5 items.