Middle School History Teacher
Collegiate School seeks an energetic and committed Middle School History teacher. This is a full-time, benefited faculty position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and executing well-designed, meaningful lesson plans, mindful of best practices of teaching and learning including inquiry-based models
- Fostering a climate of respect for each child as an individual
- Identifying and pursuing professional opportunities that enhance and extend one’s teaching
- Serving on committees and engaging in professional group work as necessary
- Participating in all required School events
- Supervising lunch, recess, carpool and other duties as required
Qualities of a successful candidate will include:
- Strong commitment to students with all learning styles
- Ability to inspire students’ love of learning and critical thinking
- Enthusiasm for professional growth, academic excellence and creative teaching
- Passion for History education
- Commitment to broad participation in school life
- History teaching experience
- Experience in and commitment to the ongoing development and maintenance of an inclusive campus community
- A Master’s degree or Virginia teaching certification is preferred
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. The school’s mission is to create a diverse and inclusive community of learners committed to a challenging and supportive educational experience that will foster the intellectual, moral, emotional, and physical development of each student.
Collegiate School is an equal opportunity employer.