Upper School History Teacher, Beginning 2018-2019 Academic Year
Collegiate School seeks an energetic, experienced and committed History teacher for grades 9 - 12 to teach a range of courses in a comprehensive curriculum. This is a full-time, benefited faculty position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and executing well-designed, meaningful lesson plans, mindful of best practices of teaching and learning
- Fostering a climate of respect for each child as an individual
- Identifying and pursuing professional opportunities that enhance and extend one’s teaching
- Serving on committees and engaging in professional group work as necessary
Qualities of a successful candidate will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in History or related field (Master’s degree or Virginia teaching certification preferred)
- Passion for History education and History teaching experience
- Ability to inspire students’ love of learning and critical thinking
- Enthusiasm for professional growth, academic excellence and creative teaching
- Commitment to broad participation in school life
- Strong commitment to students with all learning styles
- Experience in and commitment to the ongoing development and maintenance of an inclusive campus community
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. The school’s mission is to create a diverse and inclusive community of learners committed to a challenging and supportive educational experience that will foster the intellectual, moral, emotional, and physical development of each student.
Collegiate School is an equal opportunity employer.